30 March, 2017

One Song. A Thousand Thoughts

Ever had one of those moments where out of nowhere a song comes on and it just really hits home, all of sudden you're taken back to a certain moment, and you start to feel everything all over again. 

I haven't posted in a while because things have become so hectic that I haven't had a moment to sit and write and when I have I just didn't know what I wanted to write about, right now its 3 am and I am sat on my bedroom floor, and my music is playing through my earphones I have a very mixed taste in music and would never say that I have a genre that I follow I listen to almost anything and everything. 


The song that has just played that has given me almost a wake-up call kind of thing is Jessie J- Who you are. You may have heard the song (if you haven't then you should) and I don't know there's just something about the song, I haven't heard it in so long and it just feels like it is everything that I needed to hear right now.

My life personally and professionally has all been all over the place these last couple of months and it has kind of felt like it was all just a little too much. I have tried so hard to do all these different things that I have felt that people had expected from me that somewhere along the line I lost who I am and what I want out of life. Something about this song has made me gain a new perspective on things, and I think it's what I needed because it's so easy to lose track of everything while trying to essentially grasp at straws hoping that everything will stay together. Sometimes things have to fall apart so then be put back together how they should be.

This is my come back, I'm not broke, I may be down but I will keep going, I'm starting to realise that sometimes its ok not to be ok it doesn't mean it's the end of it all you just have to keep going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment