01 March, 2016

February Favourites

We are now at the beginning of March and February has just passed in a blur, I didn't do a January favourites because I didn't really change anything up so most of the things I was loving were all part of my 2015 favourites. As I didn't change much in January I tried to try some new things in February to make up for it. So let's get on with it.....

Skin Care 

Olay Total Effects- This is a new moisturiser that I have been using over the past month, as I've said before I have quite dry skin so I decided to give an Anti-Ageing one a try as the Lady who helped me in Boots said that she uses it and it works really well. One of the reasons I like this product is because it has SPF 15 which is what you want in a day moisturiser because although the sun is great it can be harsh on the skin so this moisturiser helps protect it. I like the way it makes my skin feel hydrated without it feeling sticky, plus if you're going to start using anti-ageing products may as well start young haha.





Simple Facial Wipes- I am always on the lookout for new facial wipes, especially make up removers, because there's a lot of choice out there but I find that a lot of them aren't actually all that good. These ones however I find are really good, I typically love Simple as a brand as a lot of their products are for sensitive skin which for me is what I look for in products. These wipes leave your face feeling nice and fresh.








Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water- I've been using this for a while I've just not put it in my favourites, but it has been one of my favourites for a while. It comes in handy particularly when you have a lot of makeup on, it helps taking it off making it a lot easier. 







Make Up

Max Factor Skin Luminizer- I've been on the hunt for a while for a good foundation, as my skin tone is rather difficult to find a foundation in a shade that does actually look somewhat natural. I have it in the shade light ivory, which works best for my skin and adds more of a natural glow rather than a heavy coverage so it's a nice lightweight feel. It also comes with a nice little pump so it keeps it all neat and you don't waste any of it. 






Max Factor Mastertouch Concealer- I have this in the shade ivory, it comes in as almost a pen kind of shape and you twist the bottom to bring the concealer up. The design of the products makes it easier to apply the concealer into the areas of blemishes with little difficulty. It's nice and bright so when I use it under my eyes it helps make me look more awake, also it doesn't crease like most other concealers. 









Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick- I have this in a couple of different shades, the one I wear quite often is the shade Stardust Pink. It's an almost a natural kind of pink just with an added pop to it, its slowly becoming part of my everyday kind of wear.

 





Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara- I have really fine eyelashes and don't have the time to constantly keep getting them done, so this mascara is somewhat of a blessing. The effects it has are rather good, it helps to really highlight the length of each of your eyelashes. I have it in the colour of black/brown so it's not as dark and works really well as more of a natural enhancement on your eyelashes.  






Tanya Burr Peachy Glow Cheek Palette-  This is a product that I wanted to purchase a while ago but the Superdrug where I live was always out of stock, but finally I got my hands on it and I must say there are a number of different reasons I love it. In this palette you get bronzer in the shade- beach bronze, blusher in the shade- apricot flush, and highlighter in the shade- champagne shimmer. You also get a giant mirror in the lid of the box making it convenient to take on the go with you. 




Hair


TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Pre-wash conditioner and shampoo- When it comes to washing hair I've always been a little weird and preferred to reverse wash my hair (conditioner, then shampoo) rather than use conditioner last, I have no idea why but it's just how it is haha. So when I saw this I just had to give it a shot, overall I am impressed it leaves my hair feeling soft and silky and looks volumised which is exactly what it claims to do. 






Tangle Teezer- This is an absolute little gem that I now carry absolutely everywhere with me, it as the name suggest de-tangles your hair and I am impressed with how well it actually works I find that it works better than most brushes as it de-tangles you hair without breaking it. Also the design of it is so compact that you can carry it without it taking up too much rooms it comes with a little top that you can put on to stop and crap getting in it when it's in your bags. 





Other 

Sunny D- For those who don't know this a citrus juice drink, as a kid I used to absolutely love it and practically lived off it. The local shop where I live have recently just started selling it and I just love it so it has to make my favourites. 




Blanket- over the last month it's been rather cold, some days it got a little warmer then gone freezing again. So I decided to buy a nice fuzzy blanket and I love it. I bought it from Asda I like it because it's grey on one side but a cream colour on the other so it literally fit in wherever you put it. 







Pjs- These are actually part of a little insiders joke between me and my friends. I do actually really like these pjs, the fit of them is fitted enough to wear, but baggy enough to be really comfortable to sleep in. 












1 comment:

  1. I might have to look into the Max Factor items, they seem like a good buy.

    ReplyDelete