06 March, 2016

Sisters Birthday Present

So I have a younger sister who next week who turns 8 years old! At this age she is into absolutely everything, from My Little pony to Shopkins and nearly every little kids favourite.... Frozen

So the concept of buying her my gift that she will love is nearly impossible. Instead of attempting to do this I decided to try and create her a box with a little bit of everything in. Sometimes the smaller presents turn out to be better than the bigger ones anyways haha. 




So this wrapping paper is amazing, it actually
has lines on the bottom so you can follow and
cut a straight edge... 
So first I found a box, nothing special just an old shoe box that was around the house, I covered this in wrapping paper just to make it look a little prettier. 






I then went out and bought lots of little presents that she might like. I bought her several things including:

Shopkins 
- For anyone who's never heard of these they are just little figurines that are in the shape of things that you can buy, like food, products and the new edition of pets. She absolutely loves these and has hundreds of them, there are a number of different ways you can buys these you can buy little blind baskets or you can buy various different sets. I decided to buy a little set of 5 Shopkins for £4.50, they each come with their own little shopping bag that you can hide them in which is thought was a pretty cute idea and it gives her something to store them in.







Shopkins Top Trump Cards
- These are to go with the Shopkins, the cards have a picture of each figure on and they have scores for various things and you can play different games with them. They cost £1 so I figured they`d be a cheap fun little addition to the box that she can play with. 







My little pony blind bags
-One of her latest fascinations over the past couple of years is my little pony, she absolutely loves it, especially rainbow rocks. I recently learned that you can actually buy blind bags of these and in the bags is a figurine of one of the ponies. I picked a couple of these up from Asda for £2.50. I decided to grab her a couple of these so she has a chance of getting different ponies, I believe there are 12 different potential ponies that you can get.  





Frozen Surprise Egg 
- Frozen has been the craze of ever little girl since it first came out, my sister is also one of these people. I bought her one of the Frozen surprise eggs you have the chance of getting one of the characters and I thought they just seemed cool.







X Shot Pink Series 
- I saw these and just thought they looked like a lot of fun, it`s a just a small gun that fires little rubber bullets. So like a Nerf just a very cheap little and a lot of fun, I didn`t intend on buying her one of these I just came across them in the shop and thought why not.











Little things
- In Asda which was the shop that I went to they have an isle that is for party things, so I decided to take a look and came across the section for party bag ideas. I picked up a number of little items that she would like just to fill the box a little more without making it expensive. I got her things like so stamps, a dice shaped sharpener, some colours and a cool Tetris cube rubber which I just thought was awesome. 




After I bought everything I had to work out how I was going to wrap it, I thought about just wrapping every single item and then just seemed annoying to me haha, So instead I decided to fill the box with confetti and bury the presents in there so she can just dig around and try to find them 

The finished product, which  just looks plain and boring but its what's inside that
counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment