13 March, 2016

Boots Mini-Haul




Ever have those moments where you go to the shop for one thing, one innocent little thing, then end up leaving with a bag full of the stuff that you didn't really need but you wanted.... I do this every time I cannot physically just go to a shop for one thing I get distracted by everything else and buy a bunch of other stuff as well. 

So I originally went into Boots go buy one lipstick, as it is one of my favourites and my sister ruined it, while I was there I decided to look at what new stuff they had gotten in and eventually just bought a few bits and bobs. So I decided why not do a boots haul so here we go.

The first thing I picked up was a new version of the lipstick that my sister ruined, which is the L'Oreal Eva collection in the shade Delicate Rose. I just love this lipstick and was devastated when my sister ruined it so I had to buy a new one. 

Max Factor Skin Luminize
Also picked up some new foundation, as I've said in other posts it's rather difficult for me to buy foundation in a shade that actually works for me. As my skin is really pale I need a lighter foundation, but then this doesn't really works fog my freckles as if then just looks odd. The foundation I went with was the Max Factor Skin Luminizer In the shade Light Ivory. As I bought all of these the other day I've been testing them out and I must say that I am actually really liking it, the shade works for my skin and it just feels so lightweight  








Max Factor Mastertouch
As I'd bought a new foundation I decided to buy a new concealer as well, sticking with Max Factor I bought the Max Factor Mastertouch in the shade Ivory. Concealer is a big thing for me as I have really bad bags under my eyes, regardless of how much I sleep and try to get rid of them, so I need a good concealer to help hide them away because to me they just look gross. I do really like the results of this concealer when you apply it, I usually put it on and then wait a couple of seconds before blending it in and find that it helps coverage a little better. 







Gift Set
Because I'd spent so much in Max Factor makeup products you were given a free gift in which you got a nail polish, a mascara and lipstick. The good thing about them was that they were actual sized products, normal in gifts you get the mini tester kind of sized one. I haven't really tried the nail polish yet so I'm not sure what it's like quality wise but it looks a good colour. The mascara I got was the False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara, and I have been using it recently and do quite like the effects of it, it helps to highlight the length of each individual eyelash. The lipstick is also really good in the set I got the shade Stardust, which is almost of nude kind of pink when you put it on so it looks rather natural. 




TRESemmé reverse wash collection
Moving away from makeup I picked up some new shampoo, I've always preferred when it comes to washing my hair to do it in reverse (so use condition, then shampoo) I have no idea why it's just how it is haha, so when I saw the new TRESemmé reverse wash collection I just had to buy it. I picked up the pre-wash conditioner and the shampoo, both of which smell amazing. I've used them a couple of times now and just like the way they make my hair look and feel, it's just so soft and shiny and more volumised. 










Tangle Teezer Sticking with hair I picked up a Tangle Teezer I got the compact one, you can buy the normal size ones which are a bit bigger but I liked the look of the compact ones as they are still reasonably big so you can use them but they take up less space. I bought it in the purple, because I love purple and it's one of my favourite colour. Since I bought it I've been carrying it everywhere with me, the neat little top that comes with it is handy as it stops any buts getting tangled in it when it's in my bag and things. I love how well it works and makes getting stupid little knots out of your hair, as I have really long hair if I have it down when I go out it tends to get rather tangled, just a quick sweep with my Tangle Teezer and it sorts of all out which is what you want from a tangle brush, I find it works better than a normal brush and doesn't break my hair as much. 



Elegant Touch Express
I have really short nails, the curtsey of being a nail bitter whenever I get anxious... because of this I have terrible nails that look ok when you paint them but with everything that comes with my studies I can't really have them painted. Which is why I like the idea of getting my nails done but never have the time and can't really wear fake nails for long periods of time because they just annoy me. Which is why when I come across the Elegant Touch Express Press on nails while shopping I figured I'd give them a try. They have a couple of different cute designs that come in handy
when you're going out somewhere and what to just jazz up your nails a little, you simple peel back the little plastic bit and stick them to your nails. It's as simple as that, which suited me a lot more than normal acrylic nails. 






Those are the significant buys that I made, I also bought some general stuff like toothpaste and things like that which I am not going to bore you with. So that's the main things of my mini Boots haul, have you tired any of this products if so let me know what you think of them in the comments section, or if there's any products you want me to look at for you then you can also leave those suggestions in the comment box and shall try them for you. 

1 comment:

  1. I love Tresemme products they're always good quality for a cheap price..great post!

    ReplyDelete