14 February, 2016

Casual Makeup

To go with last week`s post about casual formal wear I decided to write one about my casual everyday make up that I wear when I'm at work, or any other setting that's is somewhat formal without being over the top. This is a rather simple and straightforward look that I've created with mainly drugstore makeup brands. 





Cleansing wipe- Before I start anything I use a cleansing wipe and just clean my face, the reason I do this is just to make sure that I have nothing left on my face before, because sometimes you can get stubborn little bits of make up that are somehow still there. 
Moistures/ primer- I do this before beginning any makeup just to prepare my face before adding everything to it. It also helps give a better base for the make up and helps with the staying power of it. 

Face 


 Foundation- at the minute I am currently using the Revlon colour stay foundation in the shade light, I really like this foundation it gives a good coverage and helps to tone down the redness of my cheeks. Also I love the lightweight feel when you apply. 

Concealer- I like to add a bit more coverage in certain areas so I add some concealer on the top. I use the Maybelline eye roller for underneath my eyes, I have it in the shade light to try and brighten up my eyes more and make me look awake. Then I use the Rimmel Wake Me Up to just cover any stubborn blemishes that haven't been covered by the foundation. 

Powder- to set the foundation and concealer I give it a quick sweep over with Collections pressed powder in the shade translucent, mainly focusing on my T-zone where my skin gets oily and underneath my eyes to set my concealer a little better. I use my revolution F104 Brush to apply the powder.

Bronzer- as I have terribly pale skin and it's winter I like to do a very light brush of bronzer all over my face just to add a touch of colour. For this part I use the Avon. Bronzing pearls, still using the same Brush. 

Contour- I then go in with the Revolution contour kit. Applying bronzer to below the cheek bone and my jaw line to add some shape to my face. I set some of the blusher on my cheeks, and a little bit of highlighter across my forehead and the front of my nose. I like to use the Real Technique contour brush for this part as it`s really fluffy and helps to blend out the makeup really well. 

Eyes


Primer- first off before I do anything to my eyes I apply a primer, there are a lot of different primers out there, I am currently using the Revolution Fix and Focus primer. It just helps with brightening up my eyes as they are really dark so the primers gives it more of a neutral base for the eye shadows to work on. Also it helps to increase the staying power for the eye shadows. 

Eye shadows- for a casual look I tend to stick more to neutral kind of colours. The eye pallet I use a lot lately is the Collections Nude Bronze Palate. The first shade I apply is Mink and using the E101 Revolution brush I apply this all over my eye lid. Then I take the shade Ivory and apply it just above this and into the fold of the eye. In the corners I like to add Ochre Which is more of a gold shade which just helps to add a little more to the look. I then take the E103 Revolution brush and blend it all in wars to the corner of my eye. I like to use the E103 Brush to blend as it`s just so much easier to use. 

Mascara- to finish off my eyes I add a thin coating of mascara, the one that I like to use at the minute is the cover girls Lash Blast Volume Mascara. I'm not really sure where I got this from, as it's an American brand and I'm not entirely sure it's available over here in the UK, at least not in any of the shops that I have been to. 


Lips

Lipstick- I don't really have a set lip product for this look, I usually just base it off whatever works with what I am wearing, or what I feel like wearing. At the minute I'm enjoying using the Rimmel moisturising renew in the shade vintage pink. This is one that I bought a while ago and I just really like the colour. This is also a moisturising lipstick, so it works amazing in this weather as with winter my lips always dry and get chapped, but since wearing this that has not happened yet and my lips just feel soft and hydrated with it.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool tutorial video :)...love the products you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to watch/read and comment, I really appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete