07 February, 2016

Casual Formal Wear

Casual formal is something that I tend to find rather difficult to put together at times, the main reason for that being that to me casual and formal are two complete polar opposite styles. 

So I decided to spend some time trying to compose an outfit that I would be able to get away with at work as well as it being suitable to wear to a family party. As I was faced with the dilemma of having to work, then travel back to a surprise party, in order for it to be a surprise I had to make sure I was then on time, which meant that I had no time to go home and change. 




Top
To keep a formal appearance for work I went with a fashion button down shirt, which was somewhat transparent so I decided to wear a basic vest top underneath. This shirt was smart enough for me to be able to wear it to work, and dress enough for me to wear to the party. The particular shirt that I had opted to wear was one that I had picked up from Primark, I have it in a berry red colour which is edged off by white cuffs and collar. The gold buttons that it has given it a bit more of a dresser appearance. 





Jeans 
To pair with the shirt and edge more on the side of casual I picked a pair of dark grey ripped skinny jeans that I picked up from New Look. I love wearing these jeans, the fit it amazing, normally with skinny jeans I have the issue of them either fitting in the waist but not the leg or vice versa. Also the rips in the jeans help it to create more of a formal appears, while the near finish of the fit make a clean appearance and more of a formal look. 





Shoes
To finish the outfit off I just simple pairs it all with a pair of plain black pumps. You can literally pick a pair of these up in almost any shop that sells shoes for really cheap. I got mine from New Look for £5. They are just simple practical shoes that are just so comfy to wear, which is mainly what I was bothered about as I was going to be in them all day. 

Bag
I was contemplating taking a clutch bad to keep all of my essentials in, as I'm not really a fan of taking big bags out with me. But then I couldn't be bothered to carry two bags as I would need a bigger bag to carry my stuff for work in. So instead I went with a small brown handbag that I bought from River Island, as it with bigger enough to carry everything. The bag has 3 different compartments, it has two smaller sections in the front and back, then just the main part. It also has two different straps so you have the option of either carrying it with the short straps as a handbag, or you can attach the longer straps to put it on your shoulder. 

Make up 
The make up look that I wear as a casual thing, particular for things like work etc. will be part of the blog post that I will publish next Sunday! 

So that is my attempt at creating a smart causal look that is acceptable for a number of different occasions. In my opinion it went down pretty well, you can also dress something as simple as this up by wearing a different shirt and adding a few accessories to it. This is a common style choice that for me is coming up a lot, what are some of the things that you like to wear for a casual formal occasion?




2 comments:

  1. Love this outfit for casual outings! You should do more Oufit Of the Days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Outfit Of The Day posts are something that I'm aiming to do more of, I have some ideas that I am working on that will be up soon :-)

      Delete