31 January, 2016

BB Creams

BB creams recently became a big beauty trend, I turn to using BB creams when I'm in a rush or I am going for more of a natural look. As BB creams are designed to offer the coverage of foundation and help conceal any redness and blemishes, depending on which one you use some offer other benefits to the. So I spent some time shopping around and testing out some different BB creams, including: Rimmel London BB Cream Matte, Revlon Photoready BB Cream Skin Perfector, and Garnier Pure Active BB Cream. 


Rimmel London Matte:
- The package of this product is good as it comes in a small tube like most BB creams, meaning that it`s compact enough to carry in any make up case. Also the fact that it's a tube means that it is easier to get the product out of, so you can easily put it on the brush or the sponge you are going to use to apply it. 
- This product claims to minimise the Appearance of Pores, Evens Skin Tone, Mattifies, Soothes, Smoothes and Controls Shine All Day. 
- The coverage that you get from this product is rather good and it does help to even put skin tone as it claims, although the shades are a lot darker then what I actually anticipated, So you really do need to test it in the shop before you buy it. The consistence of it was somewhat runny to the point where I'd debate if it was actually a cream or not, because the particular one that I had was almost like water, so it was kind of hard to work with. When you do apply it, if you have the right shade for you it does help to even out skin tone and leaves you with a nice matte finish so it does last most of the day and helps to keep the shine down. 
- Overall the product I found that the product was ok, it isn't the best that I've tried but it is still really good to use and it's good for the price. You can pick it up from most drug stores for around £6.99 so it is on the cheaper end of BB Creams. 

Revlon PhotoReady:
- This particular one is available in 3 different shades, I have it in the shade light, which is closest to my actual skin tone. Similar to the other creams it comes in a tube, but this one is more flatter than the others.  
- This particular product claims to hydrates like moisturiser, smoothed like prime, covers like foundation, blurs flaws  like concealer, protects with SPF 30 like sunscreenTranslucent  according to its packaging. 
- The consistency of this one in comparison to the Rimmel London one is in my opinion a little better as it`s a lot thicker so it's more of a cream, for me this is much better as I use a makeup sponge to apply it so it's easier to work with and blend in. Also the fact that is more of a cream means that when you do have it on it doesn't dry out your skin, nor does it feel like you have it on because it's just so lightweight. The coverage you get is really good, it does help to even out skin tone and covers more redness, however I do like a stronger coverage than it offers so I do have to add a little more concealer over certain areas, particularly under my eyes. 
- Overall I do really like the Revlon PhotoReady BB Creams, I like the coverage you get and how it feels when you have it on, although I find that it only really last about 8 hours, then you might just need to add a little top, but as far as BB Creams staying power goes it is really good. Although it's a little bit more expensive then the Rimmel BB cream at £9.99 for a 30ml tube which can be a little expensive when you use it regularly. 

Garnier Pure Active:
- This particular product claims to, evens skin tone, be anti-blackheads, mattifies and covers redness. I found that I did set rather matte which is said it does which was rather good as it give a little more staying power, I did still set it with translucent powder just to help it stick more through the day, particularly in my T-zone. However I did have somewhat of an issue with the shading, as I bought what I thought was a light   shade but it is actually a lot darker than that so I had to blend it out a lot to get it to work with my skin tone.
- Normally I'm really impressed with Garnier products but this one just seemed to be a bit of a miss. With the tone of the shades being too dark for my skin, the matte feeling also left it feeling quite heavy, whereas with a BB Cream you need more of a lightweight feel on a sense it felt more like a foundation. 
- This particular BB cream costs around £9.99 from most drug stores which isn't that bad of a price, but I'm just not really a fan of this particular product. 



So those are 3 of the BB creams that I have tested out some I loved and some not really all too much. Although there are a lot more brands out there that have created their own BB Creams, what are some of the ones that you use? Do you even use BB Creams? 



2 comments:

  1. I'm not really a foundation or BB person but some of these seem easy and lightweight as creams so will check them out! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, some of the BB creams out there are rather like foundation in appearance just more lightweight. There are a lot of different brands, some of which you might find to your liking

      Delete