17 February, 2019

Amsterdam 2.0

I know what you're thinking, another Amsterdam post, boring...

But wait, this time its really different, if you have read my last one (if you haven't you can check it out still)you know that I traveled from Hull with P&O ferries, this time I traveled from Newcastle with DFDS. Have to say nothing beats anything Yorkshire, however, I did enjoy my experience traveling with DFDS. 


I don't normally go for cruises in any form, mainly because I hate the open water, but this time again it was so bad. The crossing is really long it takes about 16 hours to get to/from Newcastle to IJmuiden, then a quick 45-minute bus ride into Amsterdam itself.

This time around I got to do a lot more, I spent time getting lost in Amsterdam and taking in the beautiful scenery; as well as taking a trip through a couple of museums.






The first place we hit, however, was Luciens Pancakes, which if you ask me is the best Pancakes in the entire of Amsterdam. The beauty of this place is that is down one of the many little side streets so it's not as rammed with people like the ones on the main street usually are.

Next, we hit Madame Tussauds where we got to meet a lot of interesting people...









































































After this we headed to Ripley's Believe it or not, at first I was a little apprehensive about this one because on the outside it doesn't look like much, but once you get inside there's a whole new world that I didn't believe. Turned out that I actually enjoyed it a lot more then I thought I would.

















This will definitely not be my last trip to Amsterdam, I will hopefully be back in the summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment