24 October, 2015

Top 10 Drugstore Makeup Products


Having recently taken a look at the products that I have in my everyday makeup collection I have only just realised how embarrassingly outdated it all actually is, as a student I can’t necessarily afford to go out and splurge on high end make-up, so I decided to test out some cheaper alternative products that wouldn't break the bank.
 
Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hour Foundation with comfort serum
This is one of my ultimate go to foundations for the long days where I don't really have the time to keep going back and topping off my makeup. As a student I need a foundation which is robust enough to handle the long hours, without the heavy price tag, which is what I got with this product. the coverage of this foundation is pretty good, I bought it in the shade of Ivory which was a good match for my skin tone, the formula of the foundation made it rather easy to work with and it blended really well; it was also really good at helping to conceal redness and even out discolouration's without leaving the heavy cakey feeling. The overall finish with the foundation is good, although it does take a moment to set as at first it tends to leave a sticky to touch feeling which is easily resolved in a few moments or by adding a translucent powder set on top.
 
Rimmel BB cream
This is a little beauty that I recently started using and just simply love, as a commuting student time is very limited in the morning and I don't have much time to spend on messing with foundations, this bb cream grants me a solid lightweight coverage that helps to conceal all of the little blemishes and the dark circles I have at half the time. However, it does not cover them as good as I would like so I have to add concealer but for a cheaper alternative to other products it is value for money as you get a decent product without breaking the bank.

Pro-Base Argan Plush Concealer
The reason for picking this concealer to include in my top ten was because it works in several different ways which make it a really good value for money makeup product. With the concealer stick I find that its heavy duty enough to handle the task of covering blemishes like spots and dark circles under the eyes without creasing, as well as handling the task of evening out redness and over discolorations.
 



Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

This is my go to powder whenever I'm wearing my bb cream or want a more natural finish to my foundation, as once it’s on its more transparent then most pressed powders. I love the silky smooth finish it leaves without the weight of actually having a regular powder top finish, it helps to even out the shine and oily finish that most liked foundations tend to leave behind. It also helps with the idea of locking in the liquid foundation, as there is nothing worse than when you touch your face after applying foundation and being left with it covering your hands, this foundation helps to conceal it ever so slightly so it doesn't run off as much when touched. The only real issue that I have found while using this product is that every few hours depending on your skin you may have to top it up, but other than that I absolutely love it.
 
Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette
I have this palette in nude, however you can buy it in other variations, such as nude bronze and nude grey. I have been rather impressed with this little gem, as I find that it is heavy duty enough to last the day and show a good coverage, but still has the bendability to be able to play around with it and create the perfect smoky eye look.
 

Rimmel London Wonder'Full Wake Me Up Mascara
Rimmel have been a brand that have constantly been adding things to their mascara, the wake me up contains cucumber and various vitamins that are supposed to help give a fuller more awake look, and it does just that. The shape and design of the brush helps to give an even, thick coat as well as managing to get some of the finer lashes giving an overall fuller finish to the lashes.

Barry M Make Me Blush Cream
Barry M is not normally the brand that I go to for makeup, I tend to stick with it for the nail polish, however recently I decided to give it a shot after seeing the cute little packaging that the blush stick came in. Also the variation in shades that they had available at the time was also one of the reasons that I opted for it as it was fairly easy for me to find a shade that I like. Although when its first applied it seems to be a bit of a bright unnatural kind of pink depending on which one you use (I used peach melba) its rather easy to blend out and work with; it also tends to stick and last for 6-8 hours.
 
Rimmel London Natural Bronzer 
Finding a bronzer to make a natural look can be rather difficult when it comes to buying drugstore makeup products, as a lot of them tend to have an unnatural shimmer to them which if you’re not careful when your applying you end up look like a 5 year olds Barbie doll. However, this make appears to be a good buy for its price, as it blends rather easily into the skin making it better to work with as you can build it up to match your skin tone. The fact that the shimmer particle present in the bronzer are finer means that it's easier to create more of a natural sheen rather than an over the top shimmer. 

Barry M Lip Liner 
Being more of a lipstick over lip gloss kind of person lip liner is my saving grace, one of my particular favourites that I have found in terms of cheaper drugstore makeup has to be the Barry M line, as I said this is not normally my go to makeup brand but I decided to test it out and was so glad that I did. I particularly like the fact that it's available in a number of shades so it's easier to find one to suit a variety of different lipsticks, the formula of the lip liner means that it's very good at preventing the lipstick from bleeding and feathering so it lasts longer through the day. 

L’OrĂ©al Paris Colour Riche Exclusive Nudes
This is my go to collection for every occasion, I simply love these lipsticks I have a number of both the nude and the red collection in various shades. These lipsticks are super lightweight and offer a smooth finish when you were them they are heavy duty enough to give a solid lasting look without the cakey feeling when wearing it. I also find that the red collection offers some must haves for any autumn makeup collection.





So those are my top 10 drugstore makeup products, hopefully this helped you guys with some ideas about how to update your makeup collection without the big expense. If you have tried these products before, how did you find them? leave a comment and let me know what you guys think.

No comments:

Post a Comment