09 May, 2016

Early Mornings, I'm Still Yawning...

Early mornings aren't really all that fun, unless you have something awesome planned, even then being up early can be a drag sometimes. Also with my sleep pattern by the time I have to get up I've usually only been asleep a few hours so in the mornings I usually feel completely exhausted. On a typical day I'm usually up and out of the house by 6:30am which to me is rather early and I'm usually never fully awake. 




If like me you struggle with the mornings, here are some of the things that I've been trying lately that help...



1. Caffeine- This is one of those things that can help and does help give a little boost in the morning. I personally get caffeine in two ways, either coffee or tea, at the minute I'm really loving the Tetley Tea Green Tea Boost in the flavour berry burst. Although if you're not one for tea or coffee caffeine is in a lot of different drinks that you can try.






2. Breakfast- This is a biggie, it's a simple one that most people (myself included) forget to have, especially with early mornings as I'm usually out of the house by 6:30am at the latest on most days I don't really feel like eating at that time. To combat this I usually prepare something the night before that I can take with me and eat on my travels, my thing at the minute is just granola and yoghurt with some fruit in it.




3. Stretch- After you've been cramped up for the last however many hours you've been asleep your muscles have tightened up so just a good old fashioned stretch will help your body feel a little more awake, and comfortable when you're moving.




4. Don't Snooze- It's the hardest one yet, don't hit snooze on your alarm, rather than setting the alarm on my phone I use the sleep cycle app which you can set for a 30 minute window and it wakes you up when you are in your lightest state of sleep, so you feel more awake when you get up. 





Early mornings are still somewhat of a nightmare but an unavoidable one that sometimes you just have to deal with, but if you have any tips on how to make them that little bit easier please feel free to share down in the comments section below. 







No comments:

Post a Comment