27 July, 2016

Lemon Bars

When life hands you lemons... make lemon bars which is what I did. I had the day off and a list of things that I needed to do, so instead I decided to head into the kitchen see what I had in an bake; because sometimes I don't feel like being an adult and doing all the adult things I have to do.

 Anyways...


Ingredients

For the pastry:
275g of butter (softened)
200g of caster sugar 

150g of plain flour 

For filling:
4 large eggs
150g of caster sugar 
1 tablespoon of lemon zest 
100ml of lemon juice 

Icing sugar for dusting (optional)


  1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C 
  2. To make the pastry, cream together the butter and sugar, once this is well mixed sift in the flour (the pastry you get will won't be as firm as other kind of pastries. Press this into a baking tin, place in the oven for 15-20 minutes (until the pastry is golden and firm) 
  3. While the pastry cooks mix the ingredients for the filling, ensure that they are fully combined together. 
  4. Once the pastry is cooked, pour in the filling and cook for a further 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.
  5. Dust with icing sugar 

After all of that you have the fun part of cutting them into whatever shape you want to, then you get to eat them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment