01 October, 2017

A week in Marmaris

























I have spent the last week in Marmaris, Turkey. I have been back for 3 days now and I’m already missing the place. From the beautiful mountains, to the beaches, and most importantly the gorgeous 40-degree heat; and waking up and sunset and being able to go for a swim in the sea.
Turkey at the moment has a bit of a reputation with all the political problems that are going off so a lot of people are put off by going. However the Turkey that you see when you are there is completely different to the country that is being portrayed in the media.

The thing that I love most about Turkey is that there is something for every, if you’re the adventurous type there are different excursions that you can book (I love these I did 3 of them while I was there: quad biking, horse riding, and a Turkish spa day which was amazing!). If you’re a party kind of person there is plenty on offer and a great atmosphere to go with it (clubs aren’t really my scene).
The hotel that I stayed at the Ideal Prime Beach, they have a couple of other sister hotels as they call them which I have heard are just the same. There’s not a bad thing that I can say about the hotel, the staff were lovely, it was clean and well kept, and the rooms were amazing. It also has its own private beach which if you choose to you can walk all the way down into the town. It’s a very big hotel that which during the summer is bursting with people, one of the good things about it is that it’s a 24-hour place so staff are always around should you need them at any point.

I know that a lot of people are put off Turkey at the moment because all of the bad things that have been happening there which is why I feel the need to say that while I was there it felt just as safe as any other country. They are very big on security and making the place as safe as possible for everyone. I absolutely loved it there and think that if you have the chance to go and explore the place then you definitely should! If you have been following my blog for a while you will see that last year I visited Antalya which is another part of turkey, this part is completely different then Marmaris it’s a lot slower pace relaxing by the pool kind of thing.

If you’ve visited Turkey lately I would love to know your thoughts and what you got up to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment