30 March, 2018

Amsterdam Day's


For my 21st birthday, I was fortunate enough to spend it in the ever so beautiful Amsterdam. This has been one of the many beautiful places that I have ever wanted to visit. I only really got to spend a day there, however it was the perfect teaser and I am definitely planning on going back again.




Rather than flying, I decided to check out PO Ferries Hull. At first, I was a little nervous, the whole fear of deep water and spending 12 hours out on it had me a little out of my comfort zone. It turned out to be pretty amazing.

For me, the adventure begins the minute you start your drive to wherever you are going, for me on this occasion this was to the docks in Hull. It was a lot easier to find then I thought, and the multistore carpark was cheap (It costs £7 for 24 hours) I was really nervous about the idea of being on a ferry for so long, as it takes 12 hours to get to Rotterdam, however once you're on you hardly even notice, it was pretty much smooth sailing all the way there and back. 

We reached Rotterdam at about 8am (their time) a quick hours coach ride into Amsterdam and we had 7 hours to do whatever we pleased as we had opted to do a quick day turn around trip. So, of course, we spent the day doing all the stereotypical tourist things, including eating waffles, riding around Amsterdam on bikes, the cliche canal photos. 





I also had the opportunity to visit the Anne Frank house which is such a surreal moment, if you have the chance to visit then I highly recommend it. It's the kind of things that I struggle to put into words, it was such an eye-opening experience.

On this occasion I only spent a few hours in Amsterdam but I fell in love with the place, I intend on visiting again in the summer and spending more time there. Is there anything you guys would recommend doing? or anything you have planned for when you visit? 

No comments:

Post a Comment