01 June, 2016

May Favourites


It's the 1st June today, this year is going incredibly quickly and I'm starting to lose track of it already, so here is my May favourites, this one is a shorter one because I haven't really changed anything this month as it's just gone so quickly and most of this month has been exam/assignment time which is differentially not one of my favourite times. 

Book's 
This month I've tried to do more reading, as I spend a unhealthy amount of time on the internet and surrounded by technology I have tried to read more to sort of have a technology detox for at least a few hours. So this month I have read a number of different books but one of my favourites has to be, Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne, if you have not read this book I definitely recommend that you give it a try, it basically follows a young girl through her journey of recovery as she suffers with obsessive compulsive disorder and general anxiety, I don't want to give too much away but it sort of helps to shed some light on what it's like to have normal teenage problems on top on mental health problems, which is a reality that a lot of people out there have to deal with. I started reading the book and I just couldn't put it down, so in a few hours I had read the entire thing.

Sticking with book's I also read Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, this book has been on my to read list for month and I have never got round to it so while walking through Waterstones (which is a book shop in case you don't know) I saw it and I knew I had to get it if I ever planned on reading it. So I Started reading it and again I couldn't put it down I was hooked, I don't know if it was the unique of the relationship that Eleanor and Park had that just made me want to find out how there story went, but I couldn't stop until I go to the end, which when I did get there it wasn't what I was expected and I now have a thousand and one questions that will forever remain unanswered and if you have read this book then you will fully understand what I mean. 


Teeth 
I product that I have been using for the last 2 weeks and have been loving is something called OSHUN white which is an all-natural oil pulling teeth whitener. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail about it here as I have done a full blog post on it which I will leave the link too in case you want to check it out. (OSHUN White Post)











Foundation
On to the beauty front I have only really got a couple of product's that I've tried this month (I know I'm terrible) but one of the things I have used is the Maybelline dream velvet soft matte foundation and I do really like it and used it to create a summer look which should be going up on Sunday so make sure you're subscribed so you don't miss out. I normally stay away from matte foundations as I have dry skin so they tend to dry my skin out even more, but this one is a very lightweight foundation that even with the smallest amounts generates a solid coverage and helps to hydrate my skin a little more. 






Nail Polish 
The next beauty item is a nail polish from Tanya Burr's cosmetic range, I love Tanya Burr she is one of my favourite Youtuber/blogger, I have a couple of different pieces from her cosmetics range and I've loved all of them. The nail polish I have been wearing lately is the Fairy Godmother which is a really faint eggshell blue/purple kind of colour, it's a cute simple colour that can easily be used in different nail art designs. 







Lotion 
Moisturising is important for your skin all year round, with having dry skin I have to do it a lot simply because I hate how it feels when my skin dry and worse case where the skin begins to crack because it's just awful. The one that I have been using this last month is Nivea Nourishing Lotion I got the one for dry skin, I've been using it for the last couple of weeks and my skin feel so much better, hydrated and soft which is what you want from a moisturiser. Nivea is my go to brand for skin products because it's cheap but good, moisturisers can get really expensive, but Nivea I find is a good alternative if you don't want to spend a large amount. 





So that's it for this month's favourites, it's a lot more wordy then it usually even though I have wrote about less things. I'm thinking about doing next months as a video maybe so there's less for you to have to read. If you have tried any of the products, especially if you've read either of the books I'd love to have a chat about your thoughts on them let me know in the comments section below...

Also if there are any products that you want me to check out and review for you let me know and I shall try and get them up for you...
If you have any suggestions on future blog posts you'd want to see you can also leave them in the comments section below, I'm thinking of doing a Q&A kind of post (or maybe video) very soon so please leave your questions below. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment