08 June, 2016

My Carry On Essentials

Anyone else a nervous wreck when it comes to going away? Nope just me... I'm just a nervous person and travelling tends to take its toll on my anxiety, although I am getting better at it and I absolutely love travelling it's just the build up to it and all the packing that you have to do, which is why I leave it all until a few days before rather than stress myself out even more by thinking about it for weeks before hand because then I just build myself up into an even bigger state.

This year I have decided that I want to travel more, travelling has always been part of the plan I want to see as much of the world as possible, to start my travelling adventure I have my first holiday abroad which I am going on with friends by the time this post is up I'll be sat comfortably round the pool drinking cocktails.

While packing I had a little bit of a panic spree of what do I put in my hand luggage?!?! as the holiday I am going on I can only take 5kg worth of hand luggage which when you think about it is not a lot, so I had to be strategic about what made it into my carry on and what I attempted to pack in my suitcase.


To start with for my hand luggage I opted to take my backpack which in itself is actually a mini luggage bag design for this reason, how cool is that I actually didn't know that. So it's really nothing fancy just a plain backpack, the particular one I have is from Hot Tuna (link) it isn't the most girl bag that I could have gone for but it serves it's purpose and holds everything I need it to, it also has the option to turn it into a kind of satchel so rather than carrying it on your back you can add the strap so you can carry it at your side. I personally just use the 2 straps for my shoulders. 






The first essential item in my carry on is my passport as I am getting absolutely no where on my travels without it. So this is a must have item, I just have a typical British passport, as I've just renewed it I haven't got round to getting one of the fancy cases to keep it in just yet. 

Next thing is any travel document that you need to take with you, for example to travel to some countries you're required to have a visa so things like that are usually tucked in my carry on so I know exactly where they are.

When travelling anywhere whether it be abroad or just my daily commutes I like to carry hand sanitizer with me all the time, just simply because your hands go absolutely everywhere and sometimes you can touch things that feel disgusting and you don't always have access to wash your hands, so I always have hand sanitize with me.

My phone charger is something that always makes it into my hand luggage rather than my suitcase for a number of reasons, one being that it's always the last thing that I put in my bag, and two I have a battery pack for when you phone needs that extra life so I need the wire for that one. I also usually carry a spare pair of earphones with me in case my others break.





One of my greatest fears when I travel on a plane is that they are going to lose my luggage, I never have lost it (fingers crossed I never will) but it can happen, which is why I always carry a spare set of clothes with me, as when you're travelling between countries they can sometimes be at opposite ends in terms of weather, for example where you're leaving from my be freezing cold but then where you're going might be really hot, so having a spare pair of clothes to change into is always a good shout. Because of this I also usually carry things like my toothbrush and toothpaste just in case because even if you've lost everything else at least you'll be able to brush your teeth and have fresh breathe. 


So those are some of the things I like to carry with me on my short haul flights, with long haul flights I tend to carry a few different items which I might do a blog post on later if you'd like to see that then let me know in the comments section. What are some of the things that you carry in your hand luggage on your travels? 











No comments:

Post a Comment