05 December, 2016

Live Your Life

For a moment I want you to imagine something, imagine that every day at midnight in your bank account you had the figure £86,400 you didn't have to do anything to get it, it just appeared there. You could spend the money on anything that you wanted, but you couldn't save it or carry it forward you either used it or lose it, and at midnight the figure would refresh to £86,400. 


If that were to happen in real life you would most likely go out and spend it on the things that you want without hesitation. The amazing thing is that in real life you get something even better and more precious than anything that money could buy, at midnight you get time.

In any given day we are given 86,400 seconds, that's a lot of seconds, in each one of those seconds millions of different events have taken place. This is something that we seem to take for granted, we waste so much of it on things that just won't matter in the end. I for one am guilty of this, looking back I have wasted so much of my time worrying about things that now I understand are simply not worth it.

I wasted time on people who were not good for me, I wasted time in places that I wasn't meant to be, trying to force relationships with people, and trying to change myself to fit in. I spent so much time trying to model myself so that I would be what other people wanted me to be that I ended up losing sight of who I really was. Then one day I started to realise that my time is too precious to waste making myself miserable, I had to start looking out for me and living the life that I wanted. 

 Like I said at the beginning we are given 86,400 seconds in any one day that we have, these could stop at any given moment, we cannot save them, and we cannot carry them forward, so why not use them? 


No comments:

Post a Comment