11 November, 2015

How to keep entertained while traveling



I spend a lot of time travelling particularly on trains, this sometimes lead to the unfortunate problem that I found myself in just a few days ago of being stuck because I missed my train :-( so I had to wait around for two hours until my next train. This got me thinking about ways to stay entertained while travelling, especially when in the situation of waiting for trains or long journeys; here's a few things that I came up with/do:

  • Read a book- I find this one of the best past times as I have a lot of books that I want to read ( I am currently reading All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven) 

  • Do some work- I normally spend a lot of time on trains, these days most of them have Wi-Fi so I tend to take my laptop with me and finish off whatever work it that I need to do.

  • Watch Netflix- catch up on some TV or binge watch some TV episodes to pass the time, most trains come with free Wi-Fi giving the perfect opportunity to watch an unhealthy amount of TV.

  • Listen to music- I have a playlist with a variety of different music ranging from Taylor Swift to Nickelback to keep me entertained. 

  • Sleep- if you've got a few hours what better way to spend it then by just having a nice long nap

  • Travel with someone- traveling with people is always better then travelling alone because then you have someone to keep you company and entertain you.

  • TALK TO SOMEONE- this is a big one because we now live in a world where everyone is so glued to things such as their phones that people rarely ever talk to each other, but if you`re going to be sat next to someone for a few hours then why not have a chat.


So those are some of the little things that have kept me occupied during my many hours of daily travel, what`s some of the things you do when you have go on your travels?

No comments:

Post a Comment