29 November, 2015

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Stain


This is the Revlon matte lip balm that I picked up on my last shopping trip, I bought from Superdrug for £7.99 which I thought was reasonably cheap and I just couldn't decide which colour I liked so I decide to buy three (I believe there are 10 different shades available) just because they were cheap enough to do so.


The lip balm comes in a plastic tube with a click on lid, the design of the lip balm appears like a chunky pencil, this makes the application of it much easier and quicker, although you may need to use a small brush to neaten up the edges and ensure that you cover the 'corners' of the mouth without getting it on the skin. 

240 Striking
The first one that I picked up was the 240 in the shade Striking, which is a really bright red. As a shade it appeared very bold, the beauty of this one is that as the colour is so "striking" as it is so rightly named, it manages to keep its colour all night in my case.


205 Elusive

 
Elusive as a shade was really good, it was more of naturally appears pink, so rather than looking over the top it more highlighted a natural lip colour. Which is why I tend to wear it quite a lot as I believe it`s a nice finishing touch to a natural look. As this one is more of balm formula it appears a little bit glossier then the others, however it`s not really significant enough to affect the staying power.

210 Unapologetic
 The second one I picked up was the 210 Unapologetic, this was more of a bright pink shade almost like a step up from the shade Elusive as it`s the same kind of pink just a lot brighter.


 
Overall I'm really impressed with the Revlon matte lip balm range and will definitely be investing in some more. I find that the fact it's a lip balm rather than a lipstick makes it much easier to work with as the formula seems almost more buttery so it's makes the application all that much easier. The consistency of the lip balm means that you don't really need to wear anything underneath or even really bother with a lip liner. Also it has reasonably good staying power due to the fact that it's a lip stain formula, I found that it tended to last for several hours before it might need topping up, even after this it just faded out and become more neutral to what it is when you first apply it. But I would definitely recommend it, with the variety of shades that are available it would easily be able to complete any look.

Have you had chance to try them? I`d love to know your thoughts, let me know in the comments section what you think of the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm Stain

No comments:

Post a Comment